The live video game streaming trends report Q1 2021 summarises the central trends from online streaming across the computer games landscape. Information, insights and trends included in the report include:
- Daily streaming hours watched increase 80% year-on-year (YOY) to 97m hours per day, peaking at 120m on January 24th
- Hours watched by platform
- Top 10 games (by hours watched)
- Top 10 streamers (by hours watched)
- Top 5 female streamers (by hours watched)
- Top 10 VTuber (by hours watched) – a VTuber or “Virtual YouTuber” is a streamer who broadcasts as an animated avatar. Most VTubers broadcast in Japanese or Korean.
- Top 5 esports tournaments (by hours watched)
- Sponsored live stream (by hours watched)
- Top non-endemic sponsored streams (by hours watched)
If you’re looking for advice from a gaming and/or esports agency, Strive Sponsorship can help. Contact us for sports, gaming, and esports strategy, sponsorship, commercial, content, operations, investment, and communications consultancy services.