YouGov wanted to find out more about the UK esports market, compiling a research report entitled ‘Just a game? Understanding the existing and future esports market in the UK’.
The report examines attitudes towards the UK esports market by analysing who currently watches esports, what they are watching and where, and also if and how they plan to watch esports again. It also looks at the prospective market – those who haven’t watched esports before, but are interested in doing so in the future.
The main objectives of the study are to
- Measure awareness of the market
- Assess the market size and potential market size of esports in the UK, and how it compares to other markets
- Understand watchers and prospects of esports, including where and what types of games they are watching/ will watch
- Evaluate the role of betting on esports
- Size the potential for sponsors of esports
Markets analysed include:
If you would benefit from the advice of an esports agency, Strive Sponsorship can help. Contact us for esports sponsorship, commercial, content, operations, investment and communications consultancy services.