The SuperData esports research report 2017 is a summary report forcasting total revenues, sources of income, audience sizes, the battle for younger views amongst streaming and broadcast platforms and Overwatch‘s ability to establish itself as a major esports title.
- The global esports market is worth $1.13bn and will grow to $1.24bn in 2018
- esports audience numbers will reach 330M by 2019
- Riot Games League of Legends is the world’s most-popular esports, but player growth is slowing
- TV networks and Facebook use esports to draw young viewers
- Overwatch is poised to be the next big eSport, already attracting over 25M total players since its 2016 launch.
If you would benefit from the advice of an esports agency, Strive Sponsorship can help. Contact us for esports sponsorship, commercial, content, operations, investment and communications consultancy services.