Strive Sponsorship’s Managing Director, Malph Minns, talks about connecting brands to rights holders in esports and the misconceptions of the industry, on the Edge Esports Podcast. This insightful 40 minute listen covers a number of different topics, including:
- What was Strive Sponsorship’s path into the esports industry?
- What challenges exist for sponsor brands in trying to identify the right esports rights holder to partner with, in order to meet their objectives?
- Are these challenges similar to those in traditional sports?
- As esports is a relatively young industry, do you think rights holders really know who their audience is? How do they know how/who to target?
- How does Strive Sponsorship help support rights holders as well as sponsors?
- What misconceptions do non-endemic brands have about the esports industry and the gamers/teams or events they are looking to sponsor?
- Do you find that brands are more interested in streamers/influencers or the more hard-core league/tournament players and events? What kind of brands tend to approach each?
- As esports moves into the mainstream, and leagues adopt franchise models, do you think it will be easier to connect brands to audiences?
- What excites Strive Sponsorship about esports from a sponsorship perspective?
To listen to what Malph Minns thinks about connecting brands to rights holders in esports and the misconceptions of the industry, click here to access the Edge Esports Podcast.