Nielsen’s report ‘The esports playbook – understanding the fans’ examines esports fans across UK, US, France and Germany looking at their behaviours.
The contents of the report include:
- Audience snapshot
- Who are esports fans?
- What are they interested in?
- What are their consumption habits?
- Games and genres
- Are fans of different esports games the same?
- What are the most popular genres?
- Who are the most popular teams?
- Who is sponsoring esports?
- What are fan attitudes towards sponsors?
- How are brands generating and delivering value?
- What`s next?
- Will there be more esports on linear tv?
- Do fans want esports to be an olympic sport?
- What’s the future for VR/AR and esports?
The report includes a case study looking at established sports and esports via a Q&A with McLaren F1 on their ‘world’s fastest gamer’ project.
In the final quarter of 2017, Nielsen will also release an esports report on Japan, China and South Korea.
To download the report ‘The esports playbook – understanding the fans’, click here.
If you would benefit from the advice of an esports agency, Strive Sponsorship can help. Contact us for esports sponsorship, commercial, content, operations, investment and communications consultancy services.