Team Chain Reaction Cycles (CRC), the Enduro and Downhill mountain biking team, was great at winning races but needed help converting that to commercial success. Strive, the leading sport marketing company, was brought in to completely revamp off-bike operations and build a platform to generate commercial revenue to support the team going forward.
Strive was the agency of choice given the industry-leading work they delivered for Team Sky and because of how pleased CRC’s parent company, Wiggle, was with the work Strive had delivered for them in better understanding the value of their own cycling partnership.
Sport marketing company (Strive) scope of work
- Work with Team CRC to define the brand, marketing and sponsorship objectives
- Build a picture of the current and potential fan base Team CRC could engage
- Establish the brand identity and positioning for Team CRC so that it was true to its values, appealed to fans, and aligned with the commercial sponsor’s expectations
- Develop a content strategy to engage the fanbase on an ongoing basis
- Build a sponsorship proposition and positioning to maximise the value of team association and give the team the best chance of attracting new partners
- Develop sponsorship assets and engagement activities to support the proposition and deliver value both to partnered and the team
- Create a sponsorship sales narrative to help take the team to market and help brands understand what the partnership opportunity was and why it might suit them
- Map out the go-to-market strategy to identify which brands to target and how to do it
All elements of the project were delivered which helped establish a plan for audience growth, secure additional central funding and support the acquisition of a number of new partners. Strive handed over to Team CRC’s own team to implement.
Malph, and his team, are passionate about doing things the right way and are relentless in their pursuit of delivering a return on investment. They have great experience, and lots of ideas, are not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and were the ideal agency for Chain Reaction Cycles, Nukeproof and Team Chain Reaction Cycles.
Need help from a sport marketing company?
If you’re looking for advice from an esports, gaming, or sports sponsorship agency, Strive Sponsorship can help. Contact us for marketing, commercial, content, media, investment, and communications consultancy services.
Frequently asked questions
What does a sports marketing company do?
A sports marketing company provides an array of different services. In way of example, Strive Sponsorship advises on sports marketing and sponsorship strategy (what and who to sponsor), helps negotiate sponsorship deals, and helps brands leverage sponsorships to maximise return on investment (this may involve PR, events, social media content and activations etc). Strive also provides sports content creation services.
What is the best sports marketing agency?
Whilst there are various awards for work, there is no single definitive sports industry-wide ranking of agencies. The answer is fairly subjective. Being a people business, and with frequent movement of people between agencies and into freelance work, any answer can become dated very quickly. This is why Strive Sponsorship’s unique model of not having employees, and instead having a network of individual experts they curate into client-focused teams, is an advantage. Strive had a 100% client retention rate and grew revenue by over 65% in 2022.