Smarkets is a betting exchange that enables customers to trade (bet against one another) on sporting, political and other events. SBK, owned by Smarkets, is a sportsbook that combines traditional odds betting with a social-focused interface. Strive was engaged across both brands as their sports content creation agency in late 2021 to produce event preview articles, and feature pieces, and provide betting tips. Additionally, we were required to sub-edit and manage the content on both Smarkets News and SBK Betting Zone.
Content creation agency / Strive’s scope of work
- Produce daily event-driven long-form sports betting articles for both Smarkets and SBK
- Sub-edit the articles and optimise them for SEO
- Manage and publish the content via the content management system
- Generate new content ideas
- Amplify the content across social media
The project is ongoing. We have had a team of circa 20 journalists producing up to 100 articles a month covering an array of sports that include football, rugby union, formula 1, snooker, boxing, cycling, golf, darts, NFL, basketball (NBA), and baseball (MLB), to name a few.
We have driven large volumes of organic traffic and helped improve the site’s SEO through quality-optimised content. Inbound traffic has been boosted through the amplification of reach via the author’s own large social media followings.
We are very excited to be bringing together so many great writers. Smarkets News will provide unique angles and fascinating trends from our wide range of betting markets. Strive was the obvious partner to help us deliver this vision given their great team and strong understanding of sports, betting markets, engaging digital content, and their consistently high level of delivery over a number of years.
Need help from a content creation agency?
If you’re looking for sports, esports or gaming content production services, Strive Sponsorship can help. Contact us for all your content needs and/or if you require support in sports sponsorship, marketing, commercial, media, investment, and communications consultancy services.
Frequently asked questions
Is content creation the same as marketing?
Content creation and marketing are closely related but not the same. Content creation is a subset of marketing and refers to the process of developing and producing valuable and engaging content for various media channels.
What is a content creation agency?
A content creation agency specialises in creating and distributing content across various media platforms. Strive is an example of a leading sports content creation agency. Their services include:
- Content Creation: creating articles, news stories, feature pieces, videos, social media posts, infographics, podcasts etc
- Storytelling: craft narratives that resonate with the target audience, creating emotional connections and driving engagement
- Content Strategy: identify target audiences, determine content themes and formats, and establish the channels and platforms for content distribution
- Digital and Social Media Management: create and curate content for websites, mobile apps, social media platforms, and other digital channels. Monitor and analyse audience engagement, adjust strategies and optimise content performance
- Event Coverage: provide real-time updates, analysis, and commentary
How do content agencies work?
Content agencies work by providing specialised services related to content strategy, creation, and distribution. They understand client needs, develop content strategies, create content calendars, undertake content creation, optimise and distribute content, iterate and improve, upload and manage, and report and evaluate performance. Strive is an example of a leading sports content creation agency.