The SportsIndex 2018 Annual Buzz Report provides insight about major sports events reporting on the difference between the percentage of respondents hearing positive news and the percentage hearing negative news about an event in the previous two weeks. SportIndex is a daily UK public perception tool that has 16 different metrics enabling it to report brand health, brand sentiment and purchase intent.
This specific report measures peak Buzz – that is to say, the highest (four-week average) Buzz score each event or sports property recorded over the calendar year of 2017. The contents of the report include:
- Headlines and rankings
- Top 10 sports events
- Movers and improvers
- Five year review
- Summary by sport
Some of the main findings include:
- Rugby rules – Two of our top five events involve the oval ball, making it a great year for rugby
- Hooray for Hearn – Snooker continues its surge up the rankings, climbing into the top ten for the first time
- Horseracing gallops – Both the National and the Gold Cup make big gains, part of a wider trend at the races
- World Cup Runneth Over – FIFA’s star attraction makes it into positive figures for the first time since 2014
- Paris Beat Olympics – Although both events fall in a non-Olympic/Paralympic year, the Paralympics retain a top-ten place
- Tour de France Retains Yellow – Cycling’s showpiece event maintains last year’s huge gains
Click here to read the SportsIndex 2018 Annual Buzz Report.