Law firm Wiggin present their view of the layers of the esports value chain, the potential opportunities and predicted legal challenges, in their January 2017 report ‘Expert insight on esports’.
The report covers a number of different areas pertinent to the esports industry, namely:
- Commercial – do opportunities for growth start with an IP re-structure?
- Regulatory – what are the key factors to consider?
- Technology – digital currencies, blockchain technology and esports
- Corporate – mergers and acquisition and investment opportunities in esports – just the beginning…
- Brands – vying for recognition in the developing esports environment
- Data protection
- Employment – player rights – a claim waiting to happen?
- Property – hosting and venue hire
To download the report ‘Expert insight on esports’, click here.