Nielsen’s report ‘The esports playbook – understanding the fans’ examines esports fans across UK, US, France and Germany looking at their behaviours.
The contents of the report include:
- Audience snapshot
- Who are esports fans?
- What are they interested in?
- What are their consumption habits?
- Games and genres
- Are fans of different esports games the same?
- What are the most popular genres?
- Who are the most popular teams?
- Who is sponsoring esports?
- What are fan attitudes towards sponsors?
- How are brands generating and delivering value?
- What`s next?
- Will there be more esports on linear tv?
- Do fans want esports to be an olympic sport?
- What’s the future for VR/AR and esports?
The report includes a case study looking at established sports and esports via a Q&A with McLaren F1 on their ‘world’s fastest gamer’ project.
In the final quarter of 2017, Nielsen will also release an esports report on Japan, China and South Korea.