The SuperData esports research report 2017 is a summary report forcasting total revenues, sources of income, audience sizes, the battle for younger views amongst streaming and broadcast platforms and Overwatch‘s ability to establish itself as a major esports title.
- The global esports market is worth $1.13bn and will grow to $1.24bn in 2018
- esports audience numbers will reach 330M by 2019
- Riot Games League of Legends is the world’s most-popular esports, but player growth is slowing
- TV networks and Facebook use esports to draw young viewers
- Overwatch is poised to be the next big eSport, already attracting over 25M total players since its 2016 launch.