Nielsen’s ‘esports playbook Asia: maximising your investment through understanding the fans’ provides a deep dive into the Asian esports fan; what genres they prefer, which brands resonate, how fans are introduced to esports, the most followed titles, how they view traditional sports and the demographics of fans across China, Japan and South Korea.
As the origin of esports, Asia remains a very important region for the industry as a whole. While gaming across the region remains serious business, followers, engagement and the most popular titles vary greatly market by market. What is an established pastime in South Korea remains a relatively new yet fast-growing phenomenon in Japan.
The report provides insight on:
- When fans started following esports
- How fans engage with esports
- Where fans are being introduced to esports
- Profiling today’s fans
- Which traditional sports fans also follow
- Games and genres
- Top 5 genres followed
- What are the main reasons fans follow esports?
- Top 10 titles followed
- Maximising value in a rapidly developing marketplace
- Brand fir in esports